Our NeedleFinder® software solution enables us to manage large, complex electronic discovery matters that would have previously been impossible. With the ability to index, search, de-duplicate and cluster, it allows you to pinpoint on the documents that are important to the case, reducing your workload and saving you time and money.
Here are just a few of the reasons why Rainmaker and NeedleFinder® are unrivaled in the industry of electronic discovery:
- Built-in native review export that includes: metadata extraction, file text extraction, and custom doc numbering and naming. Customizable exporting options include: metadata fields and naming, document numbering, duplicate exporting, and date range and word search options.
- Supports mail in its native format, including .PST, .NSF, .RTF, .EML, and .MSG. Files, emails, and attachments are not altered in any way, and metadata is not affected.
- Can remove duplicate e-mails based upon GUID, Email File, or selected fields. * Includes a built-in database of 10.5 million common files in MD5 and SHA-1 hash codes from the National Software Reference Library, used to exclude common files during production (e.g. executables, DLL, and system files).
- Date searching and culling includes options of Sent Date, Creation Date or Modified Date. Has the option of including entire e-mail family with the date search. Changes date range within seconds throughout thousands of files.
- Can de-duplicate and change duplication method within seconds. Supports up to 999 custodians per case and a limitless amount of cases.
- Possesses word list searching capabilities, including options of stemming, phonic, fuzzy, and synonym. Has option to include entire e-mail family with the date search. Change word list or options on thousands of files within seconds.
- Custom production options include image naming, field exporting, exporting type (.pdf, .TIFF, .JPG), single or multiple page images, single or multiple page text, and exports for all major litigation support databases.
NeedleFinder® is one of the only electronic discovery software platforms in its class with the ability to protect the integrity of your client’s files beyond reproach and to defend your discovery process from the scrutiny of opposing counsel. Chain of custody records are maintained from seizure through production, the original files are never altered and metadata is kept completely unaltered by utilizing a separate store. Email is supported in its native format, and every step of the discovery process is auditable, protecting the validity of your evidence from attacks by opposition. The advanced accuracy of the software also minimizes omissions and potential errors.
Insight into Data.
Going beyond keyword searches, the NeedleFinder® Analysis and Culling module helps you cull your files to a manageable dataset and uncover the human aspects behind your data, such as the context in which it was created and the people who possessed it. This advanced methodology enables you to make educated decisions on your entire dataset, not just where keywords lead you, to quickly pinpoint the smoking guns while protecting yourself from inadvertent production of privileged data. Choose what to cut, not just what to keep, so no evidence falls through the cracks.